This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
Extra, Extra: Bring Back the Streetcar! Ride in a Balloon!
- You don't have to be in snow to say "mush." Try urban mushing in Costa Mesa.
- "Cardinal Roger M. Mahony today apologized to victims of sexual abuse by priests in the Los Angeles Archdiocese."
- Mayor Antonio Villaraigosa skips his monthly appearance on KABC-TV's Eyewitness Newsmakers because of personal questions.
- By the 1930s, the Los Angeles streetcar system had nearly 600 miles of track and used more than 1,200 cars. Downtown News shares the opinion and dream of many.
- In place of the old El Toro Marine base will be new development and one of the nation's largest municipal parks. That's the future. However, the balloon ride has opened.
- Huntington Beach Police Want Nudity Ban.
- Internet Radio in limbo: killradio.org will be at Lost Souls Cafe tonight for an acoustic benefit concert.
- Dave Matthews Band urges better mental health care for troops
- FBI cites best example of using YouTube for investigations was a LAPD beating caught on tape last Fall.
- Why is Toluca Lake named that?
Photo by Frank Steele via flickr