This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
Extra, Extra: Baby, I Don't Care
"Found on sidewalk near Hope & 8th"
- Ball-busting: The City of Los Angeles is considering mandating spaying and neutering for all cats and dogs because shelters are overcrowded and so many animals go unadopted. Enforcement is expected to be easygoing, as in if your pet minds its own business you'll stay under the radar, but if your neighbor logs in a complaint about your barking dog and his junk is still ready to make little puppies, you might get a citation.
- Sealing the deal: An agreement made today allows UCLA to build a new Extension program facility in Downtown that will open up its classrooms at the end of the year. The new digs will be at Figueroa Courtyard.
- Good with balls: British footballer and hunky icon David Beckham is gearing up for his pre-season fitness regime to prepare for the Los Angeles Galaxy's upcoming season. He's been training in the UK with Arsenal, and has been reportedly "sulking" about not being fit enough to play for England. Too many waffles and fried chicken parts at Roscoe's, hmmm?
- That's my girl: Los Angeles County Supervisor Gloria Molina has announced her endorsement of Hillary Clinton in the Democratic Presidential candidate race. Many say Molina's stamp of approval indicates how the Latino vote will sway in California come Tuesday.
- Local lovin': The LA Times revealed their endorsements today for the upcoming vote, picking McCain (R) and Obama (D). They also recommend the following votes on the Propositions: 91- No, 92-No, 93-Yes, 94 through 97-Yes and City Proposition S-Yes.
- But I love you more: What does LAist have to say about the propositions, you ask? Well, we've been telling you in our awesome LAist's Guide to the Primary. Today we broke down Proposition S, and have previously discussed Propositions 91, 92, 93 and 94-97.
- Baby, One More Time: While Britney's getting her head examined, her father James has been named as her conservator, and with an attorney, of her estate. The pop star was put on a 72-hour psychiatric hold yesterday.
Photo by spins LPs via the LAist Featured Photos pool on Flickr
Cruise off the highway and hit locally-known spots for some tasty bites.
Fentanyl and other drugs fuel record deaths among people experiencing homelessness in L.A. County. From 2019 to 2021, deaths jumped 70% to more than 2,200 in a single year.
This fungi isn’t a “fun guy.” Here’s what to do if you spot or suspect mold in your home.
Donald Trump was a fading TV presence when the WGA strike put a dent in network schedules.
Edward Bronstein died in March 2020 while officers were forcibly taking a blood sample after his detention.
A hike can be a beautiful backdrop as you build your connection with someone.