This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
Extra, Extra, Arnold Schwarzenegger Has Leg Surgery
- California governor Arnold Schwarzenegger has surgery on his broken femur that got busted during a ski trip in Idaho. No word if he had any other work done while under the knife - ABC News
- Angels give $6.5 mil to Shea Hillenbrand to play first base. Shea was the fella who wrote "the ship is sinking" on the Blue Jay blackboard before he was traded - ESPN
- LA's richies give more to charity than Frisco's richies - The Merc
- Parents traumatized by trying to get their children into magnet schools, commiserate over drinks - AP
- The new Afghani heroin packs a wee bit more punch than locals are used to - Fox News
- Holy hotpants, if you gave or received a Canon A530 or A540 you might find interest in this story - Wired
- Three Mile Island meets Disney - BoingBoing
- LAist can attest to the fact that taking it easy on soda pop can lead to weight loss - MSN
- Fark creates its 2.5 millionth thread. Hilarity ensues - Fark
- Completely unrelated, Gay Rapist on the Loose in Texas - Now Public
- Study proves that coffee does not help in making spider webs - Cannabis.net
- Marilu Henner weds college sweetheart - E! Online
- More US troops have died in Iraq than Americans killed on 9/11 - AP