Extra, Extra: Expo Line Might Not Make it to Culver City
LAist relies on your reader support.
Your tax-deductible gift today powers our reporters and keeps us independent. We rely on you, our reader, not paywalls to stay funded because we believe important news and information should be freely accessible to all.
- Once again, MySpace is copying the people who copied them copying Friendster better. Seeing the success of Facebook's ability to have widgets, MySpace and Google are teaming up to do something similar.
- More fire likely. Just like in 2003 where the wildfires struck, had a week lull and hit hard again the first week of November, firefighters are currently preparing for the return of the Santa Anas, expected to start tomorrow night.
- High heels = not good for running away from a train.
- The two-week trash strike that affected residents in surrounding cities and an estimate 29,000 businesses within Los Angeles is over.
- In case you missed it, one of the huge fires from last week was started by a 10-year-old playing with matches.
- Spare the Prison Break jokes please: actor Lane Garrison has been sentenced to 40 months for a drunken driving crash that killed a 17-year-old Beverly Hills High School student.
- The Expo Line light rail train, which is supposed to end in Culver City, is going to end at La Cienega Blvd. if they don't get their extra funding.
- She will probably be No. 1 five times over now. Britney Spears goes Blackout.
- Did you know October was actually Guitar Hero Month? November, too. In fact, it's actually Guitar Hero Year, please indulge your inner rock god accordingly, just like these fine folks over at the Guitar Hero III launch party at the Pico Best Buy. Even Slash showed!!!