Extra, Extra - Another Grocery Store Strike?
- Only a few thousand of the 15,000 expected marchers showed up to the Immigration Rights March In Hollywood.
- Last night in Mid-City a suspected drunk driver crashed his SUV and was thrown from his car at Washington and Cochran. The SUV then caught fire.
- Scoooooooore! U.S. Beats Mexico to Win Soccer's Gold Cup.
- A water pipe broke today at LAX causing fire sprinklers to wash down hundreds of travelers at Terminal One. We also hear at last night's city sponsored Movies in the Park in Granada Hills, hundreds of familes were doused when sprinklers turned on during a showing of Shrek.
- It's hard to keep track of farmer's markets downtown.
- Grocery Strike Watch: Southern California grocery workers are voting today on giving the United Food and Commercial Workers union the right to strike if negotiations for a new contract fail. The measure is expected to pass.
- Claire Stanley, 19, of California won the top honor at yesterday's National Braille Challenge held here in Los Angeles.
- From LA Biz Observed, if you work at home, "DO NOT conduct any sort of business in your underwear. People will know. I don’t know how, but they will." So, are we?