Extra, Extra - Christmas will return to Hollywood
LAist relies on your reader support, not paywalls.
Freely accessible local news is vital. Please power our reporters and help keep us independent with a donation today.
- Let's start over, shall we? Disney is investing $1.1 billion into California (Mis)adventure, the ghost town of an amusement park next to Disneyland.
- The Rose Queen for the Pasadena Rose Parade was announced this morning and her name is Dusty. We just love that name for a girl.
- Staring now, there is no excuse for anyone of any age to ever go "I don't get blogging." The world's oldest blogger celebrated her birthday this week. Happy Birthday Olive!
- Stars Wars the TV Series and a cartoon spin-off from George Lucas could be coming soon. That is, if the networks, the geniuses who pulled shows like Firefly, Arrested Development and others off the air, go for it.
- When the Gold Line extension and Expo Line open, Downtown will truly be mecca for LA public transportation, but it also runs the possiblity of being a major clusterfuck if they don't do something about it. Enter the Downtown Connector.
- And all that transit hubba, hubba, hubba will help people enjoy LA Live with its new Nokia Theater and fancy and booked Ritz-Carlton.
- Speaking of hotels in LA, which ones are green?
- Easy Rawlins, the Watts based detective, is calling it quits, so says his inventor, novelist Walter Mosley, who brought us Easy 20 years ago.
- Not a good week to be in a gang: 34 members of the supposed Mexican Mafia controlled Florencia 13 were arrested, with more indicted, yesterday in a major sweep.
- Blogging.la continues their Greatest Dead Angelenos series. Among those featured are Julia Child, Marilyn Monroe and Eazy E.
- The Hollywood Christmas Parade is back, but with a different name and a new funder -- The Hollywood Santa Parade is now compliments of the city.
- After the Ellen DeGeneres incident over her adopted dog, the place where she got her dog from/taken back is getting grilled over at Yelp.