Extra, Extra - Christmas will return to Hollywood
Stories like these are only possible with your help!
You have the power to keep local news strong for the coming months. Your financial support today keeps our reporters ready to meet the needs of our city. Thank you for investing in your community.
- Let's start over, shall we? Disney is investing $1.1 billion into California (Mis)adventure, the ghost town of an amusement park next to Disneyland.
- The Rose Queen for the Pasadena Rose Parade was announced this morning and her name is Dusty. We just love that name for a girl.
- Staring now, there is no excuse for anyone of any age to ever go "I don't get blogging." The world's oldest blogger celebrated her birthday this week. Happy Birthday Olive!
- Stars Wars the TV Series and a cartoon spin-off from George Lucas could be coming soon. That is, if the networks, the geniuses who pulled shows like Firefly, Arrested Development and others off the air, go for it.
- When the Gold Line extension and Expo Line open, Downtown will truly be mecca for LA public transportation, but it also runs the possiblity of being a major clusterfuck if they don't do something about it. Enter the Downtown Connector.
- And all that transit hubba, hubba, hubba will help people enjoy LA Live with its new Nokia Theater and fancy and booked Ritz-Carlton.
- Speaking of hotels in LA, which ones are green?
- Easy Rawlins, the Watts based detective, is calling it quits, so says his inventor, novelist Walter Mosley, who brought us Easy 20 years ago.
- Not a good week to be in a gang: 34 members of the supposed Mexican Mafia controlled Florencia 13 were arrested, with more indicted, yesterday in a major sweep.
- Blogging.la continues their Greatest Dead Angelenos series. Among those featured are Julia Child, Marilyn Monroe and Eazy E.
- The Hollywood Christmas Parade is back, but with a different name and a new funder -- The Hollywood Santa Parade is now compliments of the city.
- After the Ellen DeGeneres incident over her adopted dog, the place where she got her dog from/taken back is getting grilled over at Yelp.