LAist relies on your reader support, not paywalls.
Freely accessible local news is vital. Please power our reporters and help keep us independent with a donation today.
- Consolation Prize of a Lifetime - Al Gore is a man of peace and gets the homepage of Apple.com all to himself -- should we expect the iAl to come out by the holidays?
- The Catalina Island Avalon city employee who beheaded a deer and left it in a soccer net is definitely not getting any peace prize.
- There was another suspicious package today left around City Hall, forcing street closures and the evacuation of the courthouse. As for the underground Los Angeles Mall, it wasn't evacuated, probably in an effort to start all over again with that oddity in case it blew.
- Come on down, Drew Carey! The Price Is Right has a new face starting Monday.
- Cute: Three newborn Sumatran tiger cubs made their public debut today at the Los Angeles Zoo and Botanical Gardens.
- 21. That's the number of medical marijuana dispensaries shut down this year by the DEA, the latest one being last night in downtown.
- Fabian Núñez does a little explaining on his lavish expenditures on his trips around the globe funded by campaign dollars. He tells ABC7 the expenses are necessary.
- Perfect the Jews, make America all Christian? Uh, thanks Ann Coulter.
- Don't forget to enter to win tickets to see the extended director's cut of Planet Terror at Mann's Chinese