Extra, Extra: Welcome to the Party Train
Stories like these are only possible with your help!
You have the power to keep local news strong for the coming months. Your financial support today keeps our reporters ready to meet the needs of our city. Thank you for investing in your community.
- If you see a litter and pack of puppies and dogs walking around Pershing Square tonight, it's a Downtown Dog Walk. Maybe you're downtown right now with your dog... Go, go, go!
- Speaking of non-humans, the state is considering a special path for animals on the Skirball Center Drive bridge. Environmentalists cheer, residents complain it's a waste of transportation funds.
- On that note of big spending, California Assembly Speaker Fabian Nuñez is still not answering questions about spending campaign money on luxurious staples. One example, listed expenses include $1,795 and $5,149 bills paid at a Parisian restaurant and a Bordeaux wine shop, respectively.
- Let's break it up a little. Radiohead! Okay, we're back.
- A 1968 law that prohibits people from sleeping on sidewalks cannot be enforced until the city builds 1,250 units of supportive housing for the homeless. That will take a few or more years. Until then, homeless will be allowed to sleep on sidewalks from 9 p.m. to 6 a.m. as long as they do not block access to doorways or vehicle access to driveways.
- Eek! A body of an unidentified Caucasian woman in her 20's was found in an alley in the Sun Valley neighborhood of the Valley.
- "Dear bank teller, I am sorry for robbing you earlier today at the bank. Sincerely, bicyclist."
- For those burning the midnight candle, Jupiter, Mars, Venus and the star Sirius will be in the night skies this week.
- Toga parties, whiffle ball games and other fun times are now available on Metrolink's 706 train on the 91 Line. Rush hour commutes with middle aged business professionals could never be more fun.