Extra, Extra - Changes to Sunset Junction Festival
- LA Weekly wins seven awards from the Association of Alternative Newsweeklies awards.
- Tomorrow is “Community Day” at all California Whole Foods — 5% of the day’s net sales statewide are gonna go toward California coastal Cleanup Day, which happens on Sept. 15, 2007.
- Cook like a fireman with the Los Angeles Firefighters Family Cookbook.
- Changes are coming to this year's Sunset Junction festival with a new "route."
- Big Blue Bus in Santa Monica introduces MiniBlue and it apparently takes you right where you want to go.
- Bike Racks are far and few in many parts of LA and Downtown is no exception.
- Pit 91, the world’s only active urban Ice Age excavation site, is back at the La Brea Tar Pits, is free and opens June 30, closing September 9.
- Ex-Spector defense lawyer held in contempt.
- City Attorney Rocky Delgadillo still being sketchy about who was driving his city-assigned car when it got dinged up.
- Another lawsuit is to be filed over the LAPD May Day clash.
- At a birthday party on Saturday night, a man approached a house in Pacoima, shouted a gang name and fired a gun into a crowd of some 30 people killing a 20-year-old man.
- A community member's tip led to the arrest of the man who randomly killed another man with a baseball bat last week that was caught on a disturbing surveillance video.
Photo of Circus of Books mural at Sunset Junction by Ilpo's Sojourn via Flickr