Extra, Extra: What is Predatory Towing?
LAist relies on your reader support, not paywalls.
Freely accessible local news is vital. Please power our reporters and help keep us independent with a donation today.
- Some more updates to the Mudslide that happened earlier today on Forest Lawn Drive.
- An estimated 27,000 DWP customers lost power due to rain and lightning. And the rain only seemed to hit hard in select parts of the Los Angeles area.
- And because of all this rain dumping crazy stuff into the ocean, stay away for at least three days.
- "Why am I consistently one of the only white people riding the bus every frickin' day? For that matter, why is it that by and large the only other white people riding with me are either passed out or carrying their worldly possessions in a Ralph's bag?"
- LA Times columnist, Sandy Banks, had her car towed on a weekend night in a Bank of America lot costing her $337.50. Afterwards, like a good journalist, she did her homework and found out all about predatory tow companies.
- Barry Bonds, San Francisco Giants? No more.
- 92 Square Miles of Solar Power Could Power the U.S.A.
- What's up Valley? Two winning tickets were sold in the South Valley this week. The first one in Sherman Oaks and last night's in Studio City.