LAist relies on your reader support, not paywalls.
Freely accessible local news is vital. Please power our reporters and help keep us independent with a donation today.
- Carolyn Kellogg, previous editor of LAist, heads up Metroblogging Pittsburgh while she works on her MFA
- 19,215 dogs and cats were euthanized last year by the Department of Animal Services. It was a drop from the previous year, but General Manager Ed Boks is dreaming of a no-kill city
- Purple Line, Purple Line, Purple Line!
- Until the Purple Line takes us from 3rd St. Promenade to LACMA in 14 whole minutes, maybe this site will get you there via bus.
- Best homemade sign: "Please DO NOT leave your condoms on my Driveway! This is Gross!"
- Big fire downtown this morning, and a fire just ended in the Westlake District this afternoon (in which a meth lab may be to blame).
- Steven Spielberg = Not Happy with Paramount
- Encino to Pasadena, now with a dash of NoHo
photo by jojo melons