Stories like these are only possible with your help!
You have the power to keep local news strong for the coming months. Your financial support today keeps our reporters ready to meet the needs of our city. Thank you for investing in your community.
- OC Pastor Rick Warren will be making one very important stop before he arrives in DC to give the invocation at Obama's inauguration. The controversial leader of Lake Forest's Saddleback Church "will be the keynote speaker at the Martin Luther King Jr. Annual Commemorative Service" on January 19th, per the OC Register.
- Mayor Villaraigosa wants to know what you think. The City is running a survey on their website about the current budget crisis. Give 'em your 2 cents' worth while you still have 2 cents to spare.
- So if you are underage and want to drink and/or get high--or just get high, period--at a concert, be forewarned, the Forum is so not the place to go to get away with it.
- What can we learn from our infamous smog? Slate's review of the new book Smogtown tells us.
- Just in case you were wondering what had OC train station "the Depot" shut down this afternoon, it was a bomb threat...that turned out be a false alarm. Was it a fruitcake?
- Hey, party people, don't forget to be responsible drinkers this holiday season! (Speaking of holiday drinking, did you see our Holiday Cocktail roundup? Cheers!)
- Geek alert! Geek alert! 96 puzzlers gathered in Santa Ana this weekend to break the Guinness Record for a group of people solving Rubik Cubes.
- Now, combine the above two items for the ultimate boozehound-motorist-geek alert: Add the iPod/iPhone breathalyzer to your "Go, go, Gadget" wish list.