LAist relies on your reader support, not paywalls.
Freely accessible local news is vital. Please power our reporters and help keep us independent with a donation today.
- Wondering why some streets in Silver Lake were shut down last night? How about because a grenade was found inside a suspect's home on the 2300 block of Tracy Terrace; luckily it was determined to be inert.
- Where is OJ Simpson's Pro Football Hall of Fame ring? That's what Fred Goldman's attorney wondered as the recently convicted former athlete's memorabilia is being sent from Vegas to L.A.
- What happens when there's a budget crisis for the CSU schools? Well, if you're trying to get something built at CSULB, you're going to have to hold it right there.
- Do California's 8th graders have to be good at algebra? Nope.
- Is the Mayor of South El Monte actually living in her office? Some say yes. Some might also say she seems a little...odd.
- What are the symptoms of Wii Knee? (Glassy eyes, antisocial behavior and aching joints, perhaps?)
- Have you seen my new album of breastfeeding photos on Facebook? Oh, no, wait, sorry, you can't.
- How much should you tip your pet care provider this holiday season? LA Unleashed can walk you to some answers.