LAist relies on your reader support, not paywalls.
Freely accessible local news is vital. Please power our reporters and help keep us independent with a donation today.
- 7 people were injured today when the roof of an adult education facility in Orange County collapsed today due to the heavy rains.
- Most of our local public schools may be pretty lousy, but two--Diamond Bar and Walnut High--were named silver medal schools in US News & World Report's 2009 "Best High School Search."
- Mother Nature goes all Big Brother: The CalFire blog has webcam links for several California creeks and rivers.
- Folks in La Cañada are getting angry about the peacocks some folks in the neighborhood are keeping as pets.
- Talk about some thieves being hard up these days...or not hard (up), considering what these OC crooks stole.
- The North Pole's diversity is evidenced at the Baldwin Hills Mall; blogger Jasmyne Cannick has all the details on getting your picture sitting on Black Santa's lap.
- And local blog Tabloid Baby sounds off about KOST-FM's Christmas programming, which they call "the dreariest, most depressing funereal dirges." Fa-la-la-la-la!
- Mark your calendars, Angelenos, and make your plans: Global Orgasm Day is, well, coming.