Stories like these are only possible with your help!
You have the power to keep local news strong for the coming months. Your financial support today keeps our reporters ready to meet the needs of our city. Thank you for investing in your community.
- BFF: One of the ten puppies confiscated at LAX this week could be your new best friend when they are put up for adoption next week at the East Valley Animal Care Center.
- TTFN: A 57-year-old Mead Valley man was sentenced to 965 years in prison yesterday in Riverside for a variety of crimes, including the rapes of 9 women.
- W/E: There's a split in SAG right now, East Coast v. West Coast. The New York faction wants to put a stop to a vote to authorize a strike, saying that to do so now in this economy would be irresponsible.
- WTF? Hummer owners in the OC might not be green, but they sure as heck are full of charity.
- TYVM: A teacher from the Santa Clarita Valley was named the Walmart Foundation Teacher of the Year, an award which got her a moment in the spotlight, and from the mega-corp with mega-bucks a whopping $100 to spend in her classroom and $1000 for the school.
- TTYL: Margie Christoffersen, the ex-manager of El Coyote who quit following the aftermath of her Prop 8 donation "outing," sat down for a tearful chat with the LA Times' Steve Lopez.
- SOB? Is Top Chef head judge Tom Colicchio a shady boss? One former employee of his "Craft"-themed empire's outpost in NYC says so; no word on how things shake down here at LA's Craft.
- JK: A hilariously awesome tongue-in-cheek story about Machine Project taking control of the troubled MOCA in the LA Weekly.