LAist relies on your reader support, not paywalls.
Freely accessible local news is vital. Please power our reporters and help keep us independent with a donation today.
- Foiled! The LAPD nabbed a bank robber in action at a Downtown Bank of America today after the teller slipped away and called 9-1-1.
- Busted! A LAUSD principal admitted to using a business credit card to buy personal items and has since resigned his post.
- Hammered! The man allegedly responsible for using a hammer to beat a young man to death last month here in LA was arrested in Vegas.
- Stymied! Warner Brothers wonders how to mount an Oscar campaign for a dead man.
- Rhymed! Live in Echo Park walking distance from Machine Project? Tomorrow you can have a poet delivered to your home to recite a poem!
- Metered! What's more vexing than finding parking in a car-clogged town? Try figuring out how to use the bleepin' new-fangled computerized parking pay stations in Glendale.
- Decorated! If you missed it last night, you can still catch the Dana Point parade of lighted boats tonight and next weekend.
- Sentenced! Talk about rent-stabilized accommodations: A Corona man gets 105 years for the beating death of his landlady.