Stories like these are only possible with your help!
You have the power to keep local news strong for the coming months. Your financial support today keeps our reporters ready to meet the needs of our city. Thank you for investing in your community.
- No drugs or alcohol was found in Metrolink train engineer Robert Sanchez' body, says the coroner. He died of massive trauma when the train he operated slammed into a freight train killed 25 and inuring 135 in Chatsworth back in September.
- The son of former Assembly Speaker Fabian Nunez pleaded not guilty to murder and other charges today.
- GoToGreenLA, the ultimate calendar to all things green in Los Angeles, is now posting their weekly top picks at GreenLAGirl.
- Even though the most exciting time to see Venus and Jupiter has passed, the two can still be seen in the southwest sky for two hours after sunset each even this week, says Anthony Cook at the Griffith Observatory's weekly Sky Report. "The fainter of the pair, Jupiter, is drawing away from Venus by about a degree a day, appearing between 3 degrees to 9½ degrees from Venus between the 3rd and the 10th."
- It's been a long time waiting and there's still some time to wait--next January-- for the Angels Flight rail cars to begin operating once again on downtown's Bunker Hill.
- What you may not know about downtown's newest park--Vista Hermosa: quarterly inspections for poisonous and flammable gases.
- A nightclub plus sushi? OMG! Could be coming to a Hollywood near you on December 26th.
- 'Tis the season to be drinkin': Don't forget to check out the Edendale Grill's Elderberry drink and LAist's Gift Guide for Drinkers. On Saturday, you can join a bunch of people dressed as Santa and go bar hopping.