Extra, Extra - Bus Drivers Endorse Hillary
Our reporting is free for everyone, but it’s not free to make.
LAist only exists with reader support. If you're in a position to give, your donation powers our reporters and keeps us independent.
- Douglas E. Hanes became the new publisher for the Daily News today with the goal of strengthening the Los Angeles Newspaper Group's presence in the Valley.
- If you haven't noticed, it's still freaking hot out and it's not going away.
- Over 11,000 customers lost power today in Laguna Beach and it wasn't heat related.
- If someone is trying to rob you, throw a hot cup of coffee in his face. That's what a woman from Buena Park did.
- And in Whittier, a robber is posing as a cop.
- California needs tougher rules on the ozone and it's finally getting more press today.
- College dorms in Claremont to go eco-friendly.
- The State released the academic performance targets today for schools statewide, including LAUSD where results are mixed.
- The United Transportation Union, a national organization representing Metro and Big Blue Bus drivers, endorsed Hillary Clinton today.
- The Nokia Theater opens in October at downtown's LA Live.