This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
Extra, Extra - Bus Drivers Endorse Hillary
- Douglas E. Hanes became the new publisher for the Daily News today with the goal of strengthening the Los Angeles Newspaper Group's presence in the Valley.
- If you haven't noticed,
it's still freaking hot out and it's not going away
- Over 11,000 customers lost power today in Laguna Beach and it
wasn't heat related
- If someone is trying to rob you,
throw a hot cup of coffee in his face
. That's what a woman from Buena Park did.
And in Whittier
, a robber is posing as a cop.
- California needs tougher rules on the ozone and it's finally
getting more press today
College dorms in Claremont
to go eco-friendly.
- The State released the academic performance targets today for schools statewide, including LAUSD where
results are mixed
- The United Transportation Union, a national organization representing Metro and Big Blue Bus drivers,
endorsed Hillary Clinton today
- The Nokia Theater
in October at downtown's LA Live.
Photo by via Retro Traveler the LAist Featured Photos pool on Flickr
Southern California's Snow-Capped Mountains Are Beautiful. Here's Where To Maximize The View (And Snap A Great Picture)It's been many, many years since we saw this much snow in our mountains. Going up there right now isn't safe, but here are some places where you can enjoy the view and snap a pic.
April Valentine died at Centinela Hospital. Her daughter was born by emergency C-section. She'd gone into the pregnancy with a plan, knowing Black mothers like herself were at higher risk.
A look at years past when snows creeped into our citified neighborhoods, away from the mountains and foothills.
In the face of a drier future, that iconic piece of Americana is on its way out in Southern California.
Another Missing Hiker Has Been Found Dead In San Gabriels As Search For Actor Julian Sands ContinuesBob Gregory, 62, went missing the same day as Sands. His body was recovered near Mount Islip.