LAist relies on your reader support, not paywalls.
Freely accessible local news is vital. Please power our reporters and help keep us independent with a donation today.
- Testimony began today in the retrial of music producer Phil Spector, who is accused of killing Lana Clarkson in 2003.
- To the north of us, remains found in the Sierra Nevadas have been confirmed to be those of adventurer Steve Fossett. It is believed he died on impact from his small plane crashing, and that animals moved his body.
- Remains discovered on the shore perplexed residents in Seal Beach yesterday, and though were thought to be human are actually those of a sea lion.
- In case you were trying to justify it for yourself, BrooWaha tells us why Angelenos need Ryan Seacrest.
- There was a famous face recently among the crowds rallying for Yes on Prop 8 outside LA City Hall: Sacha Baron Cohen, dressed as the gay Austrian fashion reporter character Bruno.
- With the rise in home foreclosures and the sagging economy making paying for the basics tough the latest victims are of the four-legged variety. Apparently people are abandoning and neglecting their horses, sometimes leaving them behind with the property when owners must leave.
- The verdict: Keanu Reeves doesn't have to shell out a dime in the case of the paparazzo who took him to court in a civil trial. Today the judge dismissed the case against the popular actor.
- One less LA voice in New York...or the New Yorker, as Dana Goodyear signs off on her year-and-a-half-old blog "Postcards from Los Angeles" today.
- What are you doing tomorrow night as the Election returns come in? Join some LAist writers and Causecast over at The Edison in downtown!