This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
Photo by oranges are not the only fruit via the LAist Featured Photos pool on Flickr
- Testimony began today in the retrial of music producer Phil Spector, who is accused of killing Lana Clarkson in 2003.
- To the north of us, remains found in the Sierra Nevadas have been confirmed to be those of adventurer Steve Fossett. It is believed he died on impact from his small plane crashing, and that animals moved his body.
- Remains discovered on the shore perplexed residents in Seal Beach yesterday, and though were thought to be human are actually those of a sea lion.
- In case you were trying to justify it for yourself, BrooWaha tells us why Angelenos need Ryan Seacrest.
- There was a famous face recently among the crowds rallying for Yes on Prop 8 outside LA City Hall: Sacha Baron Cohen, dressed as the gay Austrian fashion reporter character Bruno.
- With the rise in home foreclosures and the sagging economy making paying for the basics tough the latest victims are of the four-legged variety. Apparently people are abandoning and neglecting their horses, sometimes leaving them behind with the property when owners must leave.
- The verdict: Keanu Reeves doesn't have to shell out a dime in the case of the paparazzo who took him to court in a civil trial. Today the judge dismissed the case against the popular actor.
- One less LA voice in New York...or the New Yorker, as Dana Goodyear signs off on her year-and-a-half-old blog "Postcards from Los Angeles" today.
- What are you doing tomorrow night as the Election returns come in? Join some LAist writers and Causecast over at The Edison in downtown!
Cruise off the highway and hit locally-known spots for some tasty bites.
Fentanyl and other drugs fuel record deaths among people experiencing homelessness in L.A. County. From 2019 to 2021, deaths jumped 70% to more than 2,200 in a single year.
This fungi isn’t a “fun guy.” Here’s what to do if you spot or suspect mold in your home.
Donald Trump was a fading TV presence when the WGA strike put a dent in network schedules.
Edward Bronstein died in March 2020 while officers were forcibly taking a blood sample after his detention.
A hike can be a beautiful backdrop as you build your connection with someone.