This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
- Police are prepping to perform excavations under two freeway ramps in Ventura County as they search for the remains of a teenaged boy who was murdered by a serial killer 40 years ago.
- Alhambra police are looking for clues in the case of a woman who was shot in the face and leg last night near her home.
- The failing economy has hit local music blogger Ashley Jex of Rock Insider. She was laid off Friday from her job as Director Of New Media at Suretone Records. Good luck Ashley, have a drink on us!
- Tough day for educators, as a former dean pleads no contest in a sex case and another teacherchanged his previous not-guilty plea to guilty for the charge of possessing child pornography.
- Of course, it's tough for kids all over--tougher yet with a rise in deaths associated with staph-linked flu.
- Mind you, it could be the frozen chicken dinners you're serving your loved ones that are making them sick.
- When it comes down to the age-old battle of NY versus LA, is the dealbreaker the bus? LA Now looks into how New York expats in Los Angeles feel about public transit.
- It's so long to the past in Los Feliz, as the Glen View Garden Apartments have been deemed "not historic" and thus not longed for the world much longer.
- Hey, do you like free food? Specifically Swedish food served in the cafeteria of an international assemble-it-yourself furniture store? Then print out this coupon passed on by the Bargain Hunter for a free IKEA breakfast this weekend. Smaklig måltid!