LAist relies on your reader support, not paywalls.
Freely accessible local news is vital. Please power our reporters and help keep us independent with a donation today.
- A solo crash into the brick wall of a downtown car dealership left the driver dead and his Pontiac in flames. The victim was said to have been "burned beyond recognition."
- Per abc7.com: "The search continues Saturday for a child predator in Irvine after a 10-year-old girl fought the suspect off with a kick to the grown." Or, as we like to call it, the groin.
- Lake View Terrace: It might be a big draw at the box office, but it's also where the dead body of an 18-year-old who was shot multiple times was found, in a front yard.
- A late-night robbery at a Beverly Hills jewelry store left the employee shaken and the suspects at large.
- The coroner's report in the July death of a UC Riverside professor whose body was found in his Long Beach home shows that he had been strangled, and he had alcohol and marijuana in his system.
- $910 million dollars in additional federal funding for wildfire-fighting in California received congressional approval yesterday, and will be on its way to our burn-prone state if it also meets with the President's approval.
- Are you one of the many Angelenos with a Facebook profile? Could it be that you like the site because you are a narcissist? (If you answered yes, incidentally, you probably aren't a narcissist; by definition they tend to think they are above psychological defect.)
- Dodgers fans--the Seattle Mariners are thinking of hiring Dodgers assistant GM, Kim Ng, as their GM; this would make her the first vowel-less GM in MLB history, and the first woman. (Hmm, which one is the better legacy?)
- You feelin' lucky, punk? Enter to win tickets to see David Byrne at the Greek.