Stories like these are only possible with your help!
You have the power to keep local news strong for the coming months. Your financial support today keeps our reporters ready to meet the needs of our city. Thank you for investing in your community.
- A solo crash into the brick wall of a downtown car dealership left the driver dead and his Pontiac in flames. The victim was said to have been "burned beyond recognition."
- Per abc7.com: "The search continues Saturday for a child predator in Irvine after a 10-year-old girl fought the suspect off with a kick to the grown." Or, as we like to call it, the groin.
- Lake View Terrace: It might be a big draw at the box office, but it's also where the dead body of an 18-year-old who was shot multiple times was found, in a front yard.
- A late-night robbery at a Beverly Hills jewelry store left the employee shaken and the suspects at large.
- The coroner's report in the July death of a UC Riverside professor whose body was found in his Long Beach home shows that he had been strangled, and he had alcohol and marijuana in his system.
- $910 million dollars in additional federal funding for wildfire-fighting in California received congressional approval yesterday, and will be on its way to our burn-prone state if it also meets with the President's approval.
- Are you one of the many Angelenos with a Facebook profile? Could it be that you like the site because you are a narcissist? (If you answered yes, incidentally, you probably aren't a narcissist; by definition they tend to think they are above psychological defect.)
- Dodgers fans--the Seattle Mariners are thinking of hiring Dodgers assistant GM, Kim Ng, as their GM; this would make her the first vowel-less GM in MLB history, and the first woman. (Hmm, which one is the better legacy?)
- You feelin' lucky, punk? Enter to win tickets to see David Byrne at the Greek.