LAist relies on your reader support, not paywalls.
Freely accessible local news is vital. Please power our reporters and help keep us independent with a donation today.
- A 25-year-old man trying to cross PCH on foot was hit by four different cars and died on the scene. The fourth driver fled the scene and police are struggling to identify and locate them.
- There are about half a million more registered voters in the state of California than there was four years ago. Are you one of them? If not, and if you can: REGISTER! And VOTE!
- Construction work nearby is what caused this morning's two-hour power outage at OC's John Wayne Airport.
- A South Carolina coroner reveals that two of the victims of Friday's plane crash that sent music scene celebs DJ AM and Travis Barker to the hospital died of smoke inhalation and burns, while the other two died of impact-related injuries. There is a sidewalk memorial set up for two of the victims outside Barker's Fast Life store.
- The courts are denying private eye Pellicano a new trial; his attorney wants the current one thrown out because of jurors allegedly being influenced by overheard comments.
- California's beach volleyball golden girl Misty May-Treanor earned top honors at the 2008 Beijing Olympics, but how will she do on the dance floor?
- What will get you evicted out of a WeHo pad if you're Dane Cook? How about if you let your chihuahua poop in common areas of your apartment building.