LAist relies on your reader support, not paywalls.
Freely accessible local news is vital. Please power our reporters and help keep us independent with a donation today.
- A shooting last night left a current and former student of Washington Prep in Athens wounded; students will be seeing extra security on campus come Monday.
- Security will also be increased on the USC campus, following the recent stabbing death of 23-year-old grad student Bryan Frost.
- The body of an 18-month-old boy was discovered Friday afternoon abandoned in a Long Beach dumpster.
- One of Baldwin Park's City Council members found himself under arrest last night under suspicion of public intoxication. He was a passenger in a vehicle being driven by someone pulled over for possibly being under the influence.
- Teenagers put together the vigil that was held last night in Chatsworth to honor the victims of last week's deadly Metrolink and freight train crash. The event brought together survivors, family members, and people from the neighborhood and beyond.
- Two men who used box cutters to free some Nintendo Wii controllers for themselves (and cut an employee) of a Hemet Target have been caught and jailed for their crimes.
- If you are a resident of Glen Avon in northeast Riverside county, you may have been in the dark this morning, thanks to a driver who knocked out a power pole with their vehicle.
- Want to go see The Raconteurs at The Greek Theatre on Tuesday? Enter our contest here.