Stories like these are only possible with your help!
You have the power to keep local news strong for the coming months. Your financial support today keeps our reporters ready to meet the needs of our city. Thank you for investing in your community.
- It was a stuck big rig that was responsible for this morning's traffic snarl on the southbound 405 in Culver City.
- Law enforcement officials are asking the public for help in a hit-and-run accident that killed a toddler. The incident took place last night in Jurupa, in Riverside County.
- Angeleno Obama fans, don't worry about setting your Tivo tonight for SNL. The Democratic presidential nominee has canceled his appearance in the wake of Hurricane Ike's devastation, and also cutting back on some of his campaign-related events.
- Sheriff's are investigation a swimming pool accident last night in Canyon Country that claimed the life of one man and left a woman in critical condition
- Three foreign exchange students escaped unharmed from the fire that destroyed their Temple City home early this morning. The blaze was caused by a faulty space heater.
- They say it's who you know...so if you were coming off a Mexicana Airlines flight and knew the right elevator mechanic you could have been helped into the country illegally. Before he was arrested, that is.
- A lucky OC teen got the chance to blow $1000 in 90 seconds at a brand new Nordstrom's Rack store in Laguna Hills. Here's what he spent it on.
- Looks like we're in for at least two more seasons of both Hell's Kitchen and Kitchen Nightmares, both Gordon Ramsay's domains. So what Los Angeles restaurants do you think need the Nightmare treatment?
- David Markland at LA MetBlogs shows us two ways to help out after the Chatsworth train crash: give blood and become CERT trained.