LAist relies on your reader support, not paywalls.
Freely accessible local news is vital. Please power our reporters and help keep us independent with a donation today.
- Jaywalking might have been an easier option for a 52-year-old man on foot who shot up a traffic light near UCLA.
- So far so good... There have been fewer fatal traffic accidents this long holiday weekend; almost half as many than last year as handled by the CHP.
- What's up in Long Beach? Well, more oil, apparently.
- It was a rough tumble for a 4-year-old boy around midday today when he fell from the second story of a Reseda apartment building and was airlifted to Children's Hospital in critical condition.
- A body found in the riverbed of the San Gabriel river might be that of a homicide victim, who appears to have suffered blunt force trauma to the head.
- So what are the top 25 LA-set movies of the past 25 years? The LA Times put together their picks, and blogging.la shares what they think the Times missed.
- Although Labor Day is the symbolic end to summer, it's rarely a bad time for a burger. Learn how to make one like they do at Morton's of Beverly Hills.