Stories like these are only possible with your help!
You have the power to keep local news strong for the coming months. Your financial support today keeps our reporters ready to meet the needs of our city. Thank you for investing in your community.
- It was the handyman, in the backyard, with his bare hands, in the case of the 70-year-old Long Beach cancer patient found dead last week.
- Kids' football can get pretty rough...for the adults, that is. An argument led to a shooting that resulted in one man dead and one man wounded in a Reseda park.
- A wrong-way driver took the life of a Garden Grove woman in an overnight collision in the Victorville area.
- Not your typical garage junk: Police are investigating why two 55-gallon containers of ether (it's explosive!) were found in a South LA garage.
- What does the LA Times' Bill Plaschke think about the IOC's investigation into the ages of the Chinese women's gymnastics team? LA Now has the video.
- So the latest Big Foot hype turned out to be unfounded, but did you know that there are over 100 reports of Big Foot sightings recorded in Southern California each year?
- Headed to Sunset Junction tonight or tomorrow? Check out our guide to getting there without your car, and all the cool options you have if you want to (responsibly!) enjoy libations: Malo's margarita and Good's Microbrew, and the organic, non-alcoholic offerings of Naturewell.