Stories like these are only possible with your help!
You have the power to keep local news strong for the coming months. Your financial support today keeps our reporters ready to meet the needs of our city. Thank you for investing in your community.
- A Westminster synagogue held its first same-sex marriage while 100 people watched. Congratulations to Devorah Allen and Victoria de los Reyes!
- A 14-year-old OC girl was stabbed in the middle of the day yesterday while walking home from breakfast with a friend. She was treated and released and the suspect taken into custody.
- The man who was thought to have died at the conclusion of a police chase car crash (while driving the missing vehicle of a homicide victim) actually died of a self-inflicted gunshot.
- More airline industry woes landing at our LAX; now international carriers are cutting flights in and out of Los Angeles.
- Several Los Angeles-area hospitals are now facing fines for making health-related mistakes that include leaving surgical tools inside patients and over-medicating individuals.
- The results are in... for 5 Emmy Award recipients in the Creative Arts categories that are juried.
- It's not illegal to declaw pets, and now the state says it's illegal to try to make it illegal. Got it?
- Hope you saved room for dessert, because there's a whole other plate full to digest in the Doughboys close-down saga.