Stories like these are only possible with your help!
You have the power to keep local news strong for the coming months. Your financial support today keeps our reporters ready to meet the needs of our city. Thank you for investing in your community.
- A knee injury keeps Gov. Schwarzenegger out of a climate change conference in South Lake Tahoe.
- An eleven-year-old girl found a newborn baby in a Laguna Niguel dumpster this morning.
- Over 1,000 DMV workers protested job and hours cuts at a dozen locations throughout the state today.
- 2 badly burned bodies were found this morning at the site of a skin-care business fire in Windsor Square that took place overnight.
- 58 per cent of students at Jefferson High drop out; at well above the district, state, and national average, the school is easily ranked the worst in the LAUSD for its drop out rate.
- $381 is what it will cost you now if you're caught doing a "California Roll" (aka a rolling right turn) at a red light.
- 73,963 valid signatures are required to qualify the initiative called Jamiel's Law, named for the high school athlete who was killed by gang gunfire.
- And it's 3 stars from the Times' S. Irene Virbila for Glendale's new eatery Palate Food + Wine.