Stories like these are only possible with your help!
You have the power to keep local news strong for the coming months. Your financial support today keeps our reporters ready to meet the needs of our city. Thank you for investing in your community.
- Things are going from worse to...worser at area DMVs; now employees at some locations are staging a sick-out, and, sadly, it's the customers in long lines who are having to suffer.
- I guess the man calling himself Clark Rockefeller didn't see Seven because now fingerprint evidence reveals he's really Christian Karl Gerhartsreiter, who lived in the guesthouse of the dead San Marino couple whose murder case has him as a "person of interest."
- Baby number 6 in the county this year under the auspices of the "Safe Surrender" program showed up at a South Pasadena fire station yesterday. The newborn has been placed with a family via Children's Services.
- Things can get cutthroat in the magazine world, but for Los Angeles Mag, it's just plain cuts these days.
- abc7.com checks in with Dave Chameides, the man who has been saving all of his trash since the start of the year. How's it been so far? Uh, "awkward."
- Hot weather has gone to the
dogsfish--well, actually, it's killing fish in a Laguna Nigel lake thanks to hotter temps causing less oxygen in the water.
- Wondering what really happened to force the popular eatery Doughboys to close down for some "repairs" recently? EaterLA has the dish, and it is messier than a sloppy joe with a side of jambalaya. Egads!