Extra, Extra: Around and Around We Go
Stories like these are only possible with your help!
You have the power to keep local news strong for the coming months. Your financial support today keeps our reporters ready to meet the needs of our city. Thank you for investing in your community.
- A 55-year-old Long Beach man found clinging to life this morning in a park has died; his gunshot wound is believed to be self-inflicted.
- A suspect has been named in the shooting of a Polytechnic High football player this weekend. 18-year-old David Aranda Fernandez of North Hollywood allegedly shot 16-year-old Edward Satterstron to death outside of a Taco Bell.
- Back to the Bratz... Well, the Bratz trial that is. The judge denied the mistrial in the case Mattel has brought against MGA, the Bratz toymakers, so the case continues...
- Opening soon in Temecula: A winemaking facility that will be for amateur vintners wanting to bottle their own grape elixirs.
- Maybe you'll think twice before your next trip to the Coinstar after reading about this penny belonging to a Laguna Beach man which is worth $72, 500.00.
- Fly JetBlue? Like to be cozy when you settle in for that nap? Make sure you have $7 on you.
- Woody Allen's dislike of LA is well-known, so maybe while he's here he's trying to act like he's in NY. TMZ caught the director with his wife Soon-Yi walking in Beverly Hills.
- And congrats to the LA Times for picking up some noms in the Online Journalism Awards. They've got chances in a few categories for a variety of topics they covered, including politics, fires, and the Homicide Report.