Extra, Extra: Get This Party Started
Our reporting is free for everyone, but it’s not free to make.
LAist only exists with reader support. If you're in a position to give, your donation powers our reporters and keeps us independent.
- 25-year-old Santa Monica High English teacher Joey Lutz, who drowned July 17th in Panama when he was swept away by a rip tide, will be buried tomorrow near his hometown of Culver City.
- Paging Dr. Feelgood, paging Dr. Feelgood...
- The first firefighter casualty in this year's California wildfires burning to the north in the Shasta-Trinity National Forest took place yesterday; the victim is an 18-year-old man from Washington state who was with the National Park Service.
- An undercover sting in Perris found that 4 out of the 17 businesses targeted didn't mind helping some 13-year-olds getting their party started by selling them booze.
- Banking anywhere these days can be dangerous, whether it's because the FDIC might take over when things go badly, or because you might wind up helping to overpower an armed robber.
- And it's a bust in Ontario...netting 61 gang-related arrests in part of a massive sweep that combined the efforts of several law enforcement agencies.
- No wonder K-Fed doesn't mind that his "careers" are fledgling; the ex-Mr. Britney Spears doesn't have to worry where he'll get his milk money, since the settlement the couple reached last week gets Federline $20k a month in child support.
- Not in LA, but topical with all the bicycle talk. Lindsay Lohan was hit by a cyclist yesterday New York City. No details on how it happened or who was at fault.
Zach Behrens contributed to this post