Extra, Extra - Text Message Before Beaching It
LAist relies on your reader support, not paywalls.
Freely accessible local news is vital. Please power our reporters and help keep us independent with a donation today.
- "We live in the Valley ourselves,” Panorama City based ADJ Finishing president Alexander Orantes said today after being cleared 16 counts of illegally dumping pollutants into city sewers.
- Apparently, it's not the first time for USC student Holly Ashcraft to dump her baby in a trash bin.
- A man in his 30's was shot outside Belmont High this afternoon.
- He stood his ground and fought for his strip club in La Habra. Then the city offered him $5.2 million. Okay then.
- Going to the Beach? Text message first to find the water quality of that day.
- There's always something: a big rig going 101 west to the 405 south didn't quite make it causing lots o' traffic, even after being removed at 5:30 this evening.
- Reason to keep on flying out of Burbank Airport: "A runway incursion in which two airliners may have missed each other by less than 40 feet at Los Angeles International Airport is under investigation by the National Transportation Safety Board." That would be the 7th close call this year alone.
- AT&T to stop killing so many trees with their iPhone bills. Starting Sep. 28th, bills will be summarized and detailed bills will cost extra.