Extra, Extra: Shake Your Moneymaker
Photo by Adam Rose/LA Times, used with permission
- About the above photo: LAist contributor and LA Times USC/UCLA blogger, Adam Rose, checked out the Lakers tryouts this weekend. Yeah, that's 500 prospective Laker Girls trying to dance.
- Speaking of being in the right place at the right time for photos, one of LAist's favorite Featured Photos pool photog Jonathan Alcorn (aka Sundogg) got a mention on FishbowlLA this morning about his LAX lens-ing encounter with actor Christian Bale.
- Being the internationally known sleazeball who gets girls to take their tops off on camera can come with a price if you don't play your cards right (or, in Joe Francis' case, pay your taxes).
- It's going to get harder to get a flight in or out of LAX; soon several major airlines will be cutting about 16% (1,900) flights.
- A billboard on the Sunset Strip actually has smoke coming out of a pineapple. Okay, then.
- Dear Wealthy & Famous Leading Men: It's time to share the love. xoxo, Peter Coyote.
- 5/29/09: Seeeeeeeeeeyalater Jay! 6/1/09: Heeeeeeeeeere's Conan!
- We asked you what you thought about GLOW, then we showed you what one LAist thought (and saw!). But Defamer's overall take on how to improve GLOW: Try adding more glowing things.
LAist Editor Zach Behrens contributed to this post