LAist relies on your reader support.
Your tax-deductible gift today powers our reporters and keeps us independent. We rely on you, our reader, not paywalls to stay funded because we believe important news and information should be freely accessible to all.
- In Venice: "At the Intersection of Synagogue and Boardwalk, a Feud"
- A shooting in a South LA glass warehouse this morning left three people in critical condition
- The body of Santa Monica resident and SMHS teacher, Joey Lutz, 25, was found today by a fisherman on the northeast coast of Panama.
- The newest downtown area park, Vista Hermosa, is looking good. It officially opened to the public Saturday.
- In Little Tokyo: "The Aoyama tree, named for the founder of the Koyasan Buddhist Temple, is now formally designated a historic-cultural monument."
- Coldwater Canyon and Ventura seems to be an ever-could-be-changing corner. First, the yes-no closure of the Sportsman Lodge and now the lease dispute at Bistro Garden.
- From Long Beach to Catalina and back, over 70 teams competed yesterday in a water skiing race.
- The mayor of Carson and others scooted around the city on segway's this weekend inspecting people's recycling bins. If filled with the correct recyclables, the homeowners got $100 gift certificates.