Our reporting is free for everyone, but it’s not free to make.
LAist only exists with reader support. If you're in a position to give, your donation powers our reporters and keeps us independent.
- In Venice: "At the Intersection of Synagogue and Boardwalk, a Feud"
- A shooting in a South LA glass warehouse this morning left three people in critical condition
- The body of Santa Monica resident and SMHS teacher, Joey Lutz, 25, was found today by a fisherman on the northeast coast of Panama.
- The newest downtown area park, Vista Hermosa, is looking good. It officially opened to the public Saturday.
- In Little Tokyo: "The Aoyama tree, named for the founder of the Koyasan Buddhist Temple, is now formally designated a historic-cultural monument."
- Coldwater Canyon and Ventura seems to be an ever-could-be-changing corner. First, the yes-no closure of the Sportsman Lodge and now the lease dispute at Bistro Garden.
- From Long Beach to Catalina and back, over 70 teams competed yesterday in a water skiing race.
- The mayor of Carson and others scooted around the city on segway's this weekend inspecting people's recycling bins. If filled with the correct recyclables, the homeowners got $100 gift certificates.