Extra, Extra: Don't Squat With Your Spurs On
LAist relies on your reader support.
Your tax-deductible gift today powers our reporters and keeps us independent. We rely on you, our reader, not paywalls to stay funded because we believe important news and information should be freely accessible to all.
- A gruesome discovery this morning near Dodger Stadium: A Caltrans worker found a badly decomposed body on the Stadium Way off-ramp of the 110 Freeway.
- Long Beach-based blogger "Boy About Town" has been arrested on probation violation charges. Today's blog entry is a tearful thank you to all his readers for their support with no mention of the arrest; oddly enough he was taken in last night and is being held without bail. Ghost blogger?
- Bad news for people who showed up at their local IndyMac branches today to do some banking...all their locations have been closed down since yesterday's Fed seizure.
- Looks like this recent road rage incident wasn't the first time Dr. Thompson found himself in trouble with the law for not playing nice in his car with nearby cyclists.
- Sometimes a bargain isn't really a good deal, especially when the goods are hot. Take this stolen statue that turned up in a San Gabriel scrapyard, for example.
- Target might be cheap, but, dude, that stuff ain't free!
- An unhappy "Union" for downtown: No restaurant deal for the Union Lofts anymore.
- Oy vey meets hee haw...it's the Jewish Cowboy!