Extra, Extra: Don't Squat With Your Spurs On
Our reporting is free for everyone, but it’s not free to make.
LAist only exists with reader support. If you're in a position to give, your donation powers our reporters and keeps us independent.
- A gruesome discovery this morning near Dodger Stadium: A Caltrans worker found a badly decomposed body on the Stadium Way off-ramp of the 110 Freeway.
- Long Beach-based blogger "Boy About Town" has been arrested on probation violation charges. Today's blog entry is a tearful thank you to all his readers for their support with no mention of the arrest; oddly enough he was taken in last night and is being held without bail. Ghost blogger?
- Bad news for people who showed up at their local IndyMac branches today to do some banking...all their locations have been closed down since yesterday's Fed seizure.
- Looks like this recent road rage incident wasn't the first time Dr. Thompson found himself in trouble with the law for not playing nice in his car with nearby cyclists.
- Sometimes a bargain isn't really a good deal, especially when the goods are hot. Take this stolen statue that turned up in a San Gabriel scrapyard, for example.
- Target might be cheap, but, dude, that stuff ain't free!
- An unhappy "Union" for downtown: No restaurant deal for the Union Lofts anymore.
- Oy vey meets hee haw...it's the Jewish Cowboy!