This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
Extra, Extra: Don't Squat With Your Spurs On
- A gruesome discovery this morning near Dodger Stadium: A Caltrans worker found a badly decomposed body on the Stadium Way off-ramp of the 110 Freeway.
- Long Beach-based blogger "Boy About Town" has been arrested on probation violation charges. Today's blog entry is a tearful thank you to all his readers for their support with no mention of the arrest; oddly enough he was taken in last night and is being held without bail. Ghost blogger?
- Bad news for people who showed up at their local IndyMac branches today to do some banking...all their locations have been closed down since yesterday's Fed seizure.
- Looks like this recent road rage incident wasn't the first time Dr. Thompson found himself in trouble with the law for not playing nice in his car with nearby cyclists.
- Sometimes a bargain isn't really a good deal, especially when the goods are hot. Take this stolen statue that turned up in a San Gabriel scrapyard, for example.
- Target might be cheap, but, dude, that stuff ain't free!
- An unhappy "Union" for downtown: No restaurant deal for the Union Lofts anymore.
- Oy vey meets hee haw...it's the Jewish Cowboy!