Extra, Extra: Now Make a Wish...
LAist relies on your reader support.
Your tax-deductible gift today powers our reporters and keeps us independent. We rely on you, our reader, not paywalls to stay funded because we believe important news and information should be freely accessible to all.
- Happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you, happy birthday dear Mister Road Rage, happy birthday to you! Here's your present!
- Today was a good day for handing out charges for cases getting lots of media attention, indeed!
- Catalina Island: Oasis in the Pacific, great sailing, beautiful views, and gangs.
- The Fed has shut down and seized Pasadena-based lender IndyMac.
- Are we judged by the company we keep? Do birds of a feather flock together? Let's ask Freddie Glusman, who's known as a "crony" of ex-Sheriff Mike Carona.
- A Costa Mesa woman committed suicide on what would have been her 39th birthday by dousing herself in gasoline and setting herself on fire.
- Christina won Hell's Kitchen, and was supposed become the "Executive Chef" of Gordon Ramsay's new LA eatery, the London West Hollywood. She talks to EaterLA about her experience on the show, and her new title: "Senior Chef."
- Sushi pizza = California specialty? (Or just wrong, wrong, wrong on so many levels?)