Extra, Extra: Inquiring Minds Want to Know
Our reporting is free for everyone, but it’s not free to make.
LAist only exists with reader support. If you're in a position to give, your donation powers our reporters and keeps us independent.
- Could it be that Moe, the missing chimp, has been yearning to strip down and go nude? Could this be attributed to the stress of his being held illegally?
- What's worse than rush-hour traffic on the 405 near the Westside? How about going the wrong way on the 405?
- What happens when a porn director falsely claims to be the husband of a woman who works at a Sherman Oaks brothel?
- Does a 7.2% drop in violent crime make you want to squeal with glee? According to the Times, it's making Villaraigosa and Bratton cheer. Hip-hip-hoooooray!
- This one's easy (especially if you're a 52-year-old South L.A. man named Israel Ramirez): Is it legal to be in possession of cockfighting paraphernalia?
- What sort of offensive and inappropriate things might ousted OC Sheriff Mike Carona have been caught saying in secret audio recordings?
- What gets your vote for the worst ride at Disneyland: None, Golden Dreams (I'm sorry, but that just sounds wrong), Honey I Shrunk the Audience, the Enchanted Tiki Room, or It's a Small World?
- Who's the first person who comes to mind when you think of LA-loving vegans? Okay, how many of you said Pamela Anderson? No, seriously.