Extra, Extra: Inquiring Minds Want to Know
LAist relies on your reader support.
Your tax-deductible gift today powers our reporters and keeps us independent. We rely on you, our reader, not paywalls to stay funded because we believe important news and information should be freely accessible to all.
- Could it be that Moe, the missing chimp, has been yearning to strip down and go nude? Could this be attributed to the stress of his being held illegally?
- What's worse than rush-hour traffic on the 405 near the Westside? How about going the wrong way on the 405?
- What happens when a porn director falsely claims to be the husband of a woman who works at a Sherman Oaks brothel?
- Does a 7.2% drop in violent crime make you want to squeal with glee? According to the Times, it's making Villaraigosa and Bratton cheer. Hip-hip-hoooooray!
- This one's easy (especially if you're a 52-year-old South L.A. man named Israel Ramirez): Is it legal to be in possession of cockfighting paraphernalia?
- What sort of offensive and inappropriate things might ousted OC Sheriff Mike Carona have been caught saying in secret audio recordings?
- What gets your vote for the worst ride at Disneyland: None, Golden Dreams (I'm sorry, but that just sounds wrong), Honey I Shrunk the Audience, the Enchanted Tiki Room, or It's a Small World?
- Who's the first person who comes to mind when you think of LA-loving vegans? Okay, how many of you said Pamela Anderson? No, seriously.