This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
Extra, Extra: So Much That We Share, Time We're Aware
Photo by Ross Reyes via the LAist Featured Photos pool on Flickr
- Bad news for Beck fans heading to the Echoplex: "Due to illness, this evening's Beck performance at the Echoplex has been cancelled.. Tickets will be refunded through Ticketweb."
- Say what? R Kelly NOT GUILTY on all charges!?!?!? Our friends at sister-site Chicagoist have the details.
- Another "not guilty" bit, but this time in the plea stage: The Camp Pendleton Marine accused of murdering a fellow Marine has pleaded not guilty to the charges.
- A dean at LAUSD's Foshay Learning Center has been charged with obstruction and as an accessory after the fact for covering up an affair between a colleague and a student.
- One way to ease the pain at the pump: Join a Vanpool to get thee to work.
- Speaking of vans, one such vehicle belonging to UCLA was found smoldering in Irvine earlier this month, and the Daily Bruin reports the Los Angeles Animal Liberation Front has claimed responsibility via email, citing the school's animal research as reason.
- Disney proves "It's a Small World" after all by announcing they will be outsourcing some of the work needed to make audio animatronics for many of the rides at Disneyland. Next up for renovation is the Enchanted TIki Room, which is about to celebrate its 45th birthday.
- This is it! Today is absolutely the last day for you to enter our Rilo Kiley concert tix giveaway. Head over to this part of LAist and leave us your thoughts on the best things to do in Los Feliz before or after a show at the Greek Theatre.
Cruise off the highway and hit locally-known spots for some tasty bites.
Fentanyl and other drugs fuel record deaths among people experiencing homelessness in L.A. County. From 2019 to 2021, deaths jumped 70% to more than 2,200 in a single year.
This fungi isn’t a “fun guy.” Here’s what to do if you spot or suspect mold in your home.
Donald Trump was a fading TV presence when the WGA strike put a dent in network schedules.
Edward Bronstein died in March 2020 while officers were forcibly taking a blood sample after his detention.
A hike can be a beautiful backdrop as you build your connection with someone.