Extra, Extra: So Much That We Share, Time We're Aware
LAist relies on your reader support, not paywalls.
Freely accessible local news is vital. Please power our reporters and help keep us independent with a donation today.
- Bad news for Beck fans heading to the Echoplex: "Due to illness, this evening's Beck performance at the Echoplex has been cancelled.. Tickets will be refunded through Ticketweb."
- Say what? R Kelly NOT GUILTY on all charges!?!?!? Our friends at sister-site Chicagoist have the details.
- Another "not guilty" bit, but this time in the plea stage: The Camp Pendleton Marine accused of murdering a fellow Marine has pleaded not guilty to the charges.
- A dean at LAUSD's Foshay Learning Center has been charged with obstruction and as an accessory after the fact for covering up an affair between a colleague and a student.
- One way to ease the pain at the pump: Join a Vanpool to get thee to work.
- Speaking of vans, one such vehicle belonging to UCLA was found smoldering in Irvine earlier this month, and the Daily Bruin reports the Los Angeles Animal Liberation Front has claimed responsibility via email, citing the school's animal research as reason.
- Disney proves "It's a Small World" after all by announcing they will be outsourcing some of the work needed to make audio animatronics for many of the rides at Disneyland. Next up for renovation is the Enchanted TIki Room, which is about to celebrate its 45th birthday.
- This is it! Today is absolutely the last day for you to enter our Rilo Kiley concert tix giveaway. Head over to this part of LAist and leave us your thoughts on the best things to do in Los Feliz before or after a show at the Greek Theatre.