Stories like these are only possible with your help!
Your donation today keeps LAist independent, ready to meet the needs of our city, and paywall free. Thank you for your partnership, we can't do this without you.
- It's almost summer and that means free concerts in the park, on the pier, and everywhere else. The Bargain Hunter has the list.
- It's Mayor vs. Mayor when it comes to the Lakers vs. Celtics.
- If the lawyer defending you is constantly late or not showing up, the best way to ensure he shows up is putting him in jail with you. That's what happened at a Compton court this week.
- Two young guys keep on getting videotaped by security cameras as they spray hate messages on a temple's walls. Can you identify them?
- DASH drivers in downtown almost went on strike, but thankfully came to an agreement and ratified their contract. Traffic could have been a mess or maybe the sidewalks would be a little more full of life.
- Jay Leno does not support bicyclists, but he does support gay marriage.
- "MTA still wants subway to sea." Well, they better!
- Deciding on what to eat taking to long? Why you should eat first, decide later.