LAist relies on your reader support, not paywalls.
Freely accessible local news is vital. Please power our reporters and help keep us independent with a donation today.
- It's almost summer and that means free concerts in the park, on the pier, and everywhere else. The Bargain Hunter has the list.
- It's Mayor vs. Mayor when it comes to the Lakers vs. Celtics.
- If the lawyer defending you is constantly late or not showing up, the best way to ensure he shows up is putting him in jail with you. That's what happened at a Compton court this week.
- Two young guys keep on getting videotaped by security cameras as they spray hate messages on a temple's walls. Can you identify them?
- DASH drivers in downtown almost went on strike, but thankfully came to an agreement and ratified their contract. Traffic could have been a mess or maybe the sidewalks would be a little more full of life.
- Jay Leno does not support bicyclists, but he does support gay marriage.
- "MTA still wants subway to sea." Well, they better!
- Deciding on what to eat taking to long? Why you should eat first, decide later.