Extra, Extra: Gentlemen Prefer Blur
Our reporting is free for everyone, but it’s not free to make.
LAist only exists with reader support. If you're in a position to give, your donation powers our reporters and keeps us independent.
- They say don't leave the kids in the car when you're a parent running errands, so maybe that's why one Long Beach mom took some of her 8 kids with her when she ran into her friendly neighborhood dealer's to pick up some
- Right from the pages of the Gandhi Non-Violent Protest Handbook comes the start of a 3-day fast by UCLA students and workers to highlight the recent struggles of campus health and service workers.
- It's a misdemeanor charge for actor Dennis Farina, who let life imitate art when he tried to bring a handgun onto a flight out of LAX.
- Pro skateboarder Brian Keith Patch pleaded not guilty today on the charge of engaging a 15-year-old girl in a lewd act. If the 36-year-old is found guilty it may seriously affect his career, since the punishment by law stipulates he cannot engage in any activities that attracts male or female minors.
- A Metro Bus struck a pedestrian this afternoon in Downtown on East Seventh Street. The 53-year-old male was taken to a nearby hospital and treated for his minor injuries.
- Not too long ago we helped demystify the alleged no-photography policy in Metro Red Line stations (there really isn't one) which opened up the debate about the right of photographers to capture images in public places. Today's Guardian chimes in, calling the refusal of rights to shutterbugs who are considered "a threat" a symptom of "movie plot security."
- Dude, where's my trolley? The transport in question is still off the tracks at The Grove after a derailing incident.
- And, because you're a glutton for punishment, you might want the latest word on all things Gordon Ramsay. a) He wasn't at the opening of his London West Hollywood eatery last week because, among other things, he's busy and b) If you miss(ed) him that much, you can now play the Hell's Kitchen video game.