Extra, Extra: Getting Creative
Stories like these are only possible with your help!
You have the power to keep local news strong for the coming months. Your financial support today keeps our reporters ready to meet the needs of our city. Thank you for investing in your community.
- Police were on the lookout today for the gunman who opened fire at the Super Sal Market on Ventura Boulevard in Encino. One man was injured in the incident and taken to a local hospital. The manhunt led to the lockdown of two nearby schools.
- Your education will now cost more: CSU approved a 10$ tuition hike today for undergrads, and the UCs are expected to approve a 7.4% increase tomorrow. The new fees will go into effect in the fall.
- Those flashy new LED panel ads inside the Red Line tunnels mean more cashola for the struggling MTA.
- A crash inside the tunnel ahead of LAX on Sepulveda caused some major traffic woes earlier today.
- Democratic Presidential nominee-hopeful (or woeful?) Sen. Hillary Clinton will be attending two SoCal fundraisers tomorrow, one each in Newport Beach and Century City. They're expected to be her last stops in the area for the 2008 campaign.
- Santa Ana detectives arrested a 69-year-old man today in connection to a 1991 cold case murder.
- Sex offenders + Ice Cream Truck operating licenses + San Bernardino = No dice, buddy.
- Today's LA Times Food Section takes a look at former Mayor Richard Riordan's expanding restaurant min-empire here in LA.