Extra, Extra: In Honor of Comic Book Fest...
Stories like these are only possible with your help!
You have the power to keep local news strong for the coming months. Your financial support today keeps our reporters ready to meet the needs of our city. Thank you for investing in your community.
- KAPOW! A pipe bomb exploded today near the front entrance of the federal courthouse in downtown San Diego. Authorities are still investigating the blast; thankfully no one was injured.
- BANG! A 16-year-old boy was killed in a drive by shooting Saturday night in Baldwin Park.
- OUCH! An alleged drunk driver who went the wrong way on the Harbor Freeway got what some might see as a hefty and violent dose of karmic retribution when a fight he got into with the motorists he'd flagged down for help led to his being shot by one of the car's occupants.
- SMACK! The price of food is making life increasingly more difficult for local families.
- SEE YA! Today was the day the ferris wheel at Pacific Park in Santa Monica took its last spins above the pier, as it heads off shortly to Oklahoma to a new life with its eBay auction winner. Rides today were free...did you get yours?
- HEY! A Riverside man got sick off some shady Gatorade he bought at a local Vons, and now the drinks have been yanked off the shelves there. Apparently the safety seal appeared to be tampered with, but the incident is still under investigation.
- WOW! Give it up for the kids at Moorpark High...Their team of brains took first place at the U.S. Academic Decathlon, with the highest score in the competition's 40-year history to boot. Sweet!