Extra, Extra: Ticket to Ride
LAist relies on your reader support, not paywalls.
Freely accessible local news is vital. Please power our reporters and help keep us independent with a donation today.
- Looks like the Hollywood sex tape predates YouTube and Betamax by a landslide. A sex tape featuring late film icon Marilyn Monroe--on 16mm film--sold for $1.5 million to a NY businessman.
- Did you check out the Songkran fest yesterday in Thai Town? Did you ride the Red Line? Did you wonder why the hell the MTA only put in two ticket vending machines at the Hollywood/Western station? So did MetroRiderLA's Fred Camino, who rehashes the transit angle of yesterday's Thai Town events.
- You can't always love thy neighbor, but adding booze and tempers to the mix can turn deadly like it did last night. A 46-year-old man died in the hospital after engaging in a fight with his neighbor, with whom he'd been drinking.
- A man renting a home in Valley Village thought he could pull a fast one on the loan folks at B of A and get himself some cash. He used the bank's "web site to apply for a home equity line of credit on the property" and was then busted by the FBI.
- Local Fox affiliate station KTTV's Christina Gonzalez has filed a civil suit against the LAPD and the City stemming from the May Day events last year that led to their use of excessive force.
- Outbreak alert! The first measles case in LA County in 6 years has been reported. Begin media-encouraged panic...NOW.
- The edict may well be to "take the gun and leave the cannoli" but if you're hanging around outside a pizza parlor in Valencia waving a pellet gun, you're going to get yourself in some trouble.
- CurbedLA keeps us posted on the shopping and condo nightmare (err, "experience"?) that is the Americana at Brand in Glendale with a look at the construction that took place over the weekend.