This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
Extra, Extra: TGIGF
Photo by Tom Andrews via the LAist Featured Photos pool on Flickr
- We teased about Bill Clinton earlier today in the earlier UCLA Undie Run post, but in all seriousness, he will be speaking at UCLA's main commencement ceremony this June.
- Would you eat crunchy Chinese fortune cookies filled with peanut butter? It must be good because the very young Samuel Sosa of Riverside won $25,000 in scholarship funding in a creative food contest held in New York City.
- Your chance to live in Los Feliz: The Cecil B. DeMille estate just hit the market for $26.25 million.
- Not Good Friday news: "Renters in search of affordable housing get scammed"
- It's seriously like a gang: fellow Britney Spears paparazzi oust another pap and beat him up.
- Meet Scar Face and Weathergirl. Who are they? Just some of the most recent SoCal bank robbers of note.
- Schwarzenegger vs. pizza and candy. Should it be banned in schools? The Gov says yes.
- Does this make sense? The Topanga Police Station will be located in Canoga Park. On the surface, it doesn't, but there's a historical twist to it. The name for the new police station on a former sex toy plant lot comes from a contest held, letting a community member pick the name.
- In the name of public transportation, trees were removed for the construction of the Expo Line. Some neighbors were not pleased.
Cruise off the highway and hit locally-known spots for some tasty bites.
Fentanyl and other drugs fuel record deaths among people experiencing homelessness in L.A. County. From 2019 to 2021, deaths jumped 70% to more than 2,200 in a single year.
This fungi isn’t a “fun guy.” Here’s what to do if you spot or suspect mold in your home.
Donald Trump was a fading TV presence when the WGA strike put a dent in network schedules.
Edward Bronstein died in March 2020 while officers were forcibly taking a blood sample after his detention.
A hike can be a beautiful backdrop as you build your connection with someone.