This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
Extra Extra: Time To Celebrate
- Dominic Monaghan, or as the world knows him, Charlie from LOST, is having a photography show that's currently on display at Hamilton-Selway Fine Art in West Hollywood. There's lots of nature, blurry portraits and the eerie scene at the crash site of Oceanic flight 815.
- Metro bus vs. bicycle rider. Never a good time (at least he didn't get arrested).
- NIMBYs win: Burbank Airport on its way to overnight curfews between 10 p.m. and 6:59 a.m. Boo!
- Last week, 89.3 FM KPCC did a week long series on California's growing prison population, and how to best deal with former prisoners reentering society. Start here and the rest of the series is crosslinked within that red box on the right.
- Remember the ship that crashed and spilled oil into the San Francisco Bay last November? Well, today the pilot of the Cosco Busan was charged in court.
- The Newhall neighborhood in Santa Clarita is to get suddenly older and friendlier, but first, some classic shops are moving out.
- Defamer is calling it Scientology's "new affirmative action plan." Who falls under it? Forest Whitaker, Will Smith and their wives.
- If you're looking for St. Patty's Day things to do. Have yourself a recap of earlier posts: Drinking Guide, Tonight in Rock, Recipes and more recipes! And if your the smart books type, check out Junot Díaz at the Hammer or other literary events.