This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
- How would you describe your neighborhood in one sentence? (LACityNerd)
- "Los Angeles is Burning" by Bad Religion was yesterday's official theme for LA, apparently (Atwater Village Newbie)
- "The Orange Line now brings thousands of commuters through downtown Van Nuys and these riders disembark in an area with a Salvation Army store, a porno shop, an ice manufacturing company, auto painters, Big Valley Dodge and other one story buildings which close down at dusk." (HereInVanNuys)
- "He will practice, but he is not going to play." David Beckham's Madrid Coach on the rest of the soccer star's contracted season across the pond (CBS2)
- "... with a little coaxing from TomKat, the Beckhams might become Scientology's next celebrity converts." (TMZ)
- Phew! Not in LA: Man comes home to find city demolishing his house (BelleVille via Digg)
- Do you hate cable provider Time Warner? (LAO - We Get Email)
- "If it gets below 25 degrees for six hours or more we could have substantial damage to the [California] citrus industry." (CNN)
Photo of a South Bay sunset taken from car window.