This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
- Hillary Clinton announces her bid for 2008 presidency - LAT
- Outspoken in opposition to abortion rights, Republican Senator Sam Brownback of Kansas also announced his presidential bid - CNN
- Burbank Police wound a suspect at the Ramada Inn - CBS2
- Mountain Lion Spotted In Beverly Hills - NBC4
- "California parents could face jail and a fine for spanking their young children under legislation a state lawmaker has promised to introduce next week" - ABC News
- "The man behind LAObserved has done nothing but berate us since we dared to criticize him once..." - Martini Republic
- City Council dumps City Attorney in dog food case - Mayor Sam
- When Being a Verb is Not Enough: Google wants to be YOUR Internet - PBS
- Soon to come are a new style of white-light LEDs that would both cost substantially less to manufacture and provide more light than conventional LEDs - CNET
- "Katie Rees was apparently so drunk the night she took the infamous photos that got her booted as Miss Nevada, she doesn't even remember taking them" - TMZ