Extra, Extra: Last Cappuccino Before the CA Primary
LAist relies on your reader support, not paywalls.
Freely accessible local news is vital. Please power our reporters and help keep us independent with a donation today during our fall member drive.
- Not sure how to cap off your Super Tuesday voting experience? Why not grab a drink with LAist! We'll be at the Seven Grand in Downtown from 7-9 p.m., and your first drink is free if you're sporting the hottest accessory in town tomorrow: Your "I Voted" sticker! 21+ only, please.
- The body of a 32-year-old woman who fell off a cliff late Saturday morning near Chantry Flats on Mount Wilson has been recovered. Recovery efforts were hampered by bad weather conditions and a rockslide on Mount Wilson Road.
- It's being coined a "Pig Rig" incident: A truck carrying pigs overturned last night on the 60 Freeway, causing the expanse of road near the accident to remain shut down into this morning. Some of the pigs were killed, but the driver escaped with only minor injuries.
- A 17-year-old male lost control of his vehicle this afternoon on the southbound 5 at Sunland. His male passenger, 17, died in the crash, and the driver and second passenger transported to area hospital for moderate to severe injuries.
- The LA County Coroner has ruled Pimp C's death an accident. The 33-year-old rapper whose real name is Chad Butler suffered from sleep apnea and his death last year is attributed to a reaction to cough medicine containing codeine.
- Congresswoman Loretta Sanchez has announced today that she will join the WGA picket line in support of striking writers tomorrow at Fox Studios.
- The LAPD are looking for the public's help in finding a man who tried to abduct a 5-year-old boy from Saticoy Elementary School in North Hollywood last month. The suspect, who is described as a 6-foot-tall Armenian man with a husky build aged 35-40, lied about his relationship to the boy, but left when the child's grandmother arrived.
- On the lookout for celebs in their local haunts? Wicked Youth shares their picks for the "Top 13 Places To Snag Your Favorite Celebrity In Los Angeles." Funny, they don't mention any rehab facilities...
- Are you Mac or PC? An article in today's NY Times looks at the two Democratic candidates' websites, and determines that Obama is a Mac, and Clinton is a PC. Does that mean die-hard Mac lovers are going to align with Obama, and vice versa? What's McCain, then? A Commodore 64?
- And last, but not least, a Happy Birthday shout-out to City Councilman Eric Garcetti from LAist. Consider us all going out and rocking the vote tomorrow your collective gift!