This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
- The outcome of Long Beach Halloween beatings came out today and some people are not happy (LA Times)
- Former Republican Arkansas governor Mike Huckabee makes his bid for President (CBS2)
- On a call for a rubbish fire in Playa del Rey, Los Angeles Firefighters found smoldering remains of what appeared to be a human adult (LAFD News & Information)
- There will be an antiwar protest Downtown tomorrow (LAO)
- The new CAA HQ is a Death Star (Defamer)
- The last Kinky Karaoke before Lava Lounge's closure for a makeover is tomorrow night (LA.comfidential)
- It's Hollywood and a woman threatens to sue a 10-year-old boy over creative rights to a story he claims is his, so the boy sues her for $11K (ABC7)
- You really should come downtown to see Elysian Park (blogdowntown)
Photo by Boss Tweed via LAist Featured Photos on Flickr