LAist relies on your reader support, not paywalls.
Freely accessible local news is vital. Please power our reporters and help keep us independent with a donation today.
- Taken today in Venice at Lincoln and Venice Blvds., the above picture shows a billboard that has kicked the bucket. Did it finish its "bucket list" too?
- Three people were shot and injured today in Lincoln Heights near Daly and Mozart streets at 1:22 p.m. *UPDATE, 7:43 p.m.: LAPD is confirming to LAist that one died at the scene, making this the fourth murder for 2008.
- More police dog news from San Diego, this time in a neighborhood called Normal Heights. Four masked men armed with three handguns and a rifle carjacked a woman's BMW. After two suspects got away, police shortly chased the vehicle until the other two crashed the car, in which a police dog was ordered to "nab" them. Success.
- Well, you don't say: "There is disturbing news about the air we breathe -- a new study released by the Air Quality Management District (AQMD) shows Southern California is still among the worst places to live when it comes to cancer risk from air pollution."
- The Angels and Chicago White Sox are in talks. This could be the outcome: Paul Konerko will go to the Angels for Howie Kendrick and Ervin Santana heading to Chicago.
- United Artists, Tom Cruises' independent production unit of MGM, may sign an interim contract with the WGA. This might be a start to something.
- If you pretend to have a gun and point at it a police officer who is chasing you, you will probably get shot like the guy who died yesterday in West Los Angeles.