Stories like these are only possible with your help!
Your donation today keeps LAist independent, ready to meet the needs of our city, and paywall free. Thank you for your partnership, we can't do this without you.
- Taken today in Venice at Lincoln and Venice Blvds., the above picture shows a billboard that has kicked the bucket. Did it finish its "bucket list" too?
- Three people were shot and injured today in Lincoln Heights near Daly and Mozart streets at 1:22 p.m. *UPDATE, 7:43 p.m.: LAPD is confirming to LAist that one died at the scene, making this the fourth murder for 2008.
- More police dog news from San Diego, this time in a neighborhood called Normal Heights. Four masked men armed with three handguns and a rifle carjacked a woman's BMW. After two suspects got away, police shortly chased the vehicle until the other two crashed the car, in which a police dog was ordered to "nab" them. Success.
- Well, you don't say: "There is disturbing news about the air we breathe -- a new study released by the Air Quality Management District (AQMD) shows Southern California is still among the worst places to live when it comes to cancer risk from air pollution."
- The Angels and Chicago White Sox are in talks. This could be the outcome: Paul Konerko will go to the Angels for Howie Kendrick and Ervin Santana heading to Chicago.
- United Artists, Tom Cruises' independent production unit of MGM, may sign an interim contract with the WGA. This might be a start to something.
- If you pretend to have a gun and point at it a police officer who is chasing you, you will probably get shot like the guy who died yesterday in West Los Angeles.